Provide high level technical support to maintain and enhance the production effectiveness of the plant assets. Provide leadership for specific PSM elements including Safeguarding, Management of Change, Process Hazard Analysis, and Mechanical Integrity. Improve technical knowledge throughout the organization, especially for the engineering staff. Assist unit resources to manage long term optimization of the production assets including assurance of ongoing operating conditions, identification of cost/rate/process capability improvements and developing plans to eliminate pervasive or systemic performance issues. Coordinate the identification, cause and solution for complex problems; these could be related to process, mechanical, control systems, pressure equipment integrity or other disciplines. Assist Site Leadership in identifying and evaluating operational options. Owner and expert of the site process technology. Owner of the Safeguarding Document and other Process Safety Information. Ownership and quality assurance of the site’s Management of Change process. Owner of the MI Boundary and Asset Criticality Documents. Representative on the Safe Handling Technical Team. Mentoring of Site Engineering Staff. Lead Safety Studies (e.g. HAZOP, PSSR) and determine Safety Integrity Level (SIL) classification for safeguarding instrumentation. Lead and execute process improvement studies (e.g. to improve yields, reduce waste, reduce cycle time, increase capacity). Networks inside and outside the organization allowing for innovation from ….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering. Masters preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in process or production engineering involving a continuous process operation. Experience in a chemical process Operation preferred.
- Strong problem solving, organizational & communication skills (written & oral).
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Team leadership and project management skills.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in Process Technology and Process Safety Management (Management of Change, Safeguarding, PHA, Mechanical Integrity).
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Experience with Emerson Delta V and PI.