The initial work:
This engineer will be responsible for day to day plant performance in such areas as throughput & productivity, process optimization for cost & quality, safe unit operations, and completing capital projects including commissioning activities. There will be a good diversity of work as you learn the sophisticated continuous chemical process and business prior to assuming responsibilities as the Assistant Plant Manager.
- Key contributor in trouble shooting; Interact with the production employees providing hands on engineering support for production unit operations and turnarounds (shutdowns).
- Process optimization: Work to improve product quality, reduce operating costs, increase capacity and further streamlining the process.
- Participate in the plant Continuous Improvement Program including ISO 9001 and cGMP compliance.
- Project Engineering: Initiate, justify and manage small capital projects through design, purchasing, construction and start-up support including procedure writing.
- Participate and lead initiatives within the plant HSE Program
- Develop and review plant operating procedures.
- Extensive interaction with senior management on our site and our partner sites
Background profile requested:
- BS ChE (only)
- 20+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing with recent work that has included engineering tasks.
- Has non-union production management experience in their background
- Best if some FDA and GMP in the background
- Team oriented personality; best if time spent in a matrix organization
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions.