Process Engineer / Mass Balance Engineer* – Lima, OH USA
Apply / Submit Resume
This role will be to close the refinery mass balance daily, analyze and report on energy performance, and work to reduce refinery mass loss. This role will work closely with the Planning and Integrated Value Chain teams to facilitate refinery performance analysis and tune the crude selection tool. In addition, this role will work the with area process engineers to identify and track areas where energy efficiency can be achieved. Finally, this role will work closely with the business and technical teams to reduce value loss by correctly identifying and remediating sources of hydrocarbon loss.
- Run the mass balance model daily and ensures statistically accuracy.
- Attends daily operational meetings to ensure that the mass balance model correctly represents unit shutdowns and manual line-ups
- Identifies meters in gross error and reports those meters to the area business teams to remediate erroneous meters
- Publishes material balance data to unit engineers for validation
- Facilitates the development of tools that will enable better yield decisions
- Works with the back-casting analyst to enable the back casting process
- Works with the unit engineers to plan and execute test runs to improve the accuracy of the crude selection tool
- Reports monthly refinery mass loss from the AORA model.
- Correctly enters data from the mass balance model to improve mass loss accuracy
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives to identify and reduces hydrocarbon losses
- Reports monthly EII
- Leads Solomon Study for Process Engineering group.
- Develops tools to enable visibility into energy consumption across the plant.
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives to identify and reduce energy consumption
- Interest and aptitude in data science and analysis
- Experience and interest in using problem solving methodologies to solve real world problems.
- Ability to learn and understand industrial instrumentation applications and how to remediate instrument issues.
- Process Engineering background an asset
- Prior experience using PI process book, Cbliss, and Microsoft Office an asset.
- Self-starter/takes initiative/works well with minimal supervision
- Understand the business operations, functional and external environment and apply tools and analysis that support technical initiatives and operations consistent with overall strategic direction
- Navigate the organization and accomplish ABT goals to create a compelling vision and mission for technical team management.
- Maintain high levels of personal and professional integrity and act as an ethical agent promoting core values, integrity and accountability of the Company.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with both ABT members, functional leads, and outside resources to drive a culture of performance within the ABT.
- Work with the ABT leadership team to evaluate and prioritize reliability concerns and identifying opportunities for driving business performance of the area.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, interpret and promote findings that inform business decisions
Apply / Submit Resume
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Minimum 5 years engineering or data science degree at an accredited institution
- Chemical Engineering would be a preference
- Data analytics background is an asset
- Refinery experience is an asset
- Experience partnering with a large group of cross functional teams to generate value
- Able to work in the USA without sponsorship, now or in the future