Our global chemical client has an Environmental Generalist opening in their EHS Group, involved with plant site regulatory and compliance in the areas of water quality, chemical and waste management, air quality and environmental management systems. The successful candidate will have prior experience working in a chemical or related industrial plant. Offering excellent salary, bonus, and relocation options.
- Participate on the environment to ensure compliance with all site environmental permits, including local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to all site safety and environmental policies/procedures, including OSHA and MSHA regulations.
- Provide regulatory oversight for assigned environmental programs such as water quality, chemical and waste management, air quality and environmental management systems.
- Communicate effectively with site personnel and operational departments, providing regulatory guidance for production processes, maintenance and capital projects.
- Communicate effectively with regulatory agencies responsible for local, state and federal permits.
- Ensure assigned environmental compliance reports are completed accurately and on-time.
- Attend regulatory training seminars to stay updated on current regulatory requirements and improve knowledge as a subject matter expert.
- Gain knowledge of day-to-day operations and stay informed of operational problems/upsets that may affect site regulatory compliance.
- Provide technical support for continuous improvement projects and safety initiatives.
- BS Environmental or Chemical Engineering degree with 3+ years Environmental Engineering experience in a industrial plant handling water and wastewater treatment.
- Prefer chemical plant experience should include water quality, air emissions stack testing, sustainability, SPCC and supervision of environmental technicians.
- Ability to work now or in the future without sponsorship.