We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as an Operations Manager of Surfactants & Amines located in Port Neches, TX. In this role, you will lead and direct the daily operation of assigned units to provide a safe, healthy, environmentally sound, and profitable work environment for PNO employees, and other stakeholders such as neighboring communities.
- Is directly responsible to assure the assigned units are conducting business in a safe and environmentally compliant manner including extending such protection to the neighboring communities.
- Oversee day-to-day activities in the assigned units and notify the Sr Operations Manager and other discipline managers of any relevant issues that arise.
- As a member of the managerial staff, is responsible to the Sr Operations Manager for administration, planning, coordination, and implementation of activities in the applicable operations department. Participates in formulating administrative practices and procedures, interfaces with leaders of other functional disciplines, bargaining unit leaders, and associates.
- With the assistance of the HR Business Partner, administers plant personnel policies, evaluates work, and makes recommendations to Sr Operations Manager, Plant Manager and Senior Leadership Team on hiring, promotions, salaries, compensation philosophies, coaching and counseling and if necessary the release of people under his/her direction. .
- Participate in budgeting activities, reviews costs and expenses, and strives for continuous improvement, cost efficiency, and safety of unit operations.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Chemistry, and 3+ years of operations supervisory experience in a petrochemical manufacturing or refining facility.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Requires a broad knowledge of engineering principles governing petrochemical operations. Must have experience in the chemical industry with strong background in plant operations and equipment. Must be able to coordinate the activities of operations personnel in all matters necessary to run the units in a safe, environmentally compliant, reliable, and efficient manner.
- Must have strong technical and analytical abilities in order to handle operational problems and plant compliance concerns with quick diagnosis and prompt decisions. Must have the ability to motivate and influence others. Strong communication and diplomacy skills as this role will interact with all levels of the organization as well as the general public.