OVERVIEW: Our chemical client seeking Operations Managers to help lead and drive change to our current operations at their coastal Georgia facility. The candidate will report to the Site Plant Manager. The Operations Manager will oversee activities in support of the overall production objectives and is also responsible for cultivating a positive culture, mentoring direct reports and drive results.
An attractive compensation package including a Generous Relocation Package, Salary, 10% Bonus, Vacation Pay Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and Matching 401(k) Plan.
- Oversight for the manufacturing units including the direct supervision of Area Managers, Production Supervisors, and Shift Supervisors indirectly managing a 24 hour/7 day a week union production department of 40 employees.
- Manage production with a results-driven framework focused on safety, quality and continuous improvement to meet customer demand and company goals.
- Develops a culture which manages risks throughout the facility and ensures compliance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement operational procedures to drive improvements in safety, product quality, production, costs control, and yields.
- Manage and drive PSM compliance through procedures and systems.
- Sets, monitors and uses the facility KPI’s to drive efficiencies and value throughout the organization. Regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results. Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Oversees the development of operational and capital project plan and budget, submits projects as necessary for review and approval.
- Manages activities related to material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving. Monitors forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities, in close relation with the Supply Chain department.
- Oversees the production schedule and overall efficiencies, addresses any issues within the department by working jointly with other departments. Supports the manufacturing organization with technical resources to resolve equipment and process issues and collaborate with other department leaders to resolve issues
- Manages and develops all employees. This includes recruiting, hiring, coaching, mentoring and giving proper performance feedback. Identifies training requirements and develops the skill-set within the team to support existing and new technologies.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Some travel required – potentially international.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field or relevant chemical management experience.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the chemical or petroleum field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ leadership experience in a chemical or manufacturing industry.
- Strong leader who is results-driven with focus on future growth and optimization.
- Experience managing a continuous distillation facility is a plus.
- Must have ability to interface with diverse teams, including vendors, business line management, operators, maintenance, project management, engineering, and colleagues in other global production facilities
- Computer Proficiency in all MS Office Software Applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with proven time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- High degree of personal responsibility and initiative is required. Must possess a high level of integrity as well as excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with various departments. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others.
- Experience in managing in a PSM facility preferred. Six Sigma experience a plus.