Greenwood, South Carolina is a fantastic place to live and raise your family. Close to Greenville SC, Great lake, and ideal cost of living index.
The Manufacturing Engineer is primarily responsible for the daily operations of the manufacturing unit, providing detailed process and technical guidance for the Operations Team and identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements.
- Utilizing A2E (Six Sigma) processes, drive and coordinate continuous improvement efforts for area performance.
- Lead all machine transitions, customer complaint investigations, and OEE tracking for the department.
- Provide detailed process guidance for the Operations Team in the execution of the production schedule
- Evaluate daily performance and identifies and eliminates special cause variations
- Lead role in ensuring process parameters of existing process are in statistical control
- Through six-sigma, (A2E) approach, identify and reduce common cause variations in the product and process
- Assure clearly defined procedures and instructions are documented and issued to support the improvements developed by Process Engineers and Technology
- Oversight of operations in identifying opportunities for improvement
- Investigate and resolve process and product deviations
- Develop process changes to accommodate new products
- Provide support of and participate in project teams for facilities improvements
- Routinely interact with Manufacturing Operators and supervision, Maintenance Mechanics and supervision, Laboratory personnel, Project Engineering and Process Technology
- Maintain consistent product quality and customer satisfaction, reliable production volume and execution of the production plan
- Control manufacturing cost and improvement
- Achieve outstanding safety performance and consistent environmental compliance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge and experience with the following is also desired: SPC, Provox DCS systems, PLC functionality
- Safety and environmental policies, KMS, Aspen IP21, NWA and Operator training
- Basic understanding of PSM, SPC and ISO9001 is also preferred
- Fiber Processing experience is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years chemical or fiber manufacturing experience is desired
- Process troubleshooting
- Problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Time Management/Organizational skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Demonstrate ability to work as a member of a self-directed team
- Commitment to plant safety, environmental and industrial hygiene practices
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets