Great career opportunity for a business savvy and customer focused role as Manager of Civil/ Structural Engineering. Lead the team of 8 in performing civil and/or structural engineering projects, including process, HVAC, mechanical and machine related engineering and design.
- Develop bids, proposals, scopes of work, scope changes, correspondence, estimates, schedules, material lists, specifications, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines.
- Perform field work and technical research.
- Perform technical studies and calculations.
- Maintain project files and documentation.
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Allocate tasks to team of Civil/ Structural Engineers and Designers.
- Maintain budget and schedule.
- Provide guidance and assistance to subordinate staff members on day-to-day matters, such as, task assignments, technical and procedural requirements, and affirmation and/or interpretation of corporate policies and guidelines.
- BS Civil Engineering with 10+ years of heavy industrial and chemical project/ design experience involving equipment foundations/supports, piping supports, process buildings, and access platforms..
- PE License. VA PE License or NCEES Record. (preferred)
- Current working knowledge of RISA 3D.
- Knowledge of relevant risk management issues (contractual terms, technical feasibility, etc.).
- Working knowledge of OSHA, API-620, API-650, NFPA 13, IBC, AISC, ACI-318, ACI-530, AISI, and ASCE-7 codes.
- Experience in various types of steel and concrete construction methodologies.
- Experience in conventional and deep foundation systems.
- Experience in preparing structural and civil construction plans and specifications.
- Working knowledge of static and dynamic load applications.
- Understanding of the structural considerations associated with demolition of both structures and equipment.
- Working knowledge of alternative materials and construction methodologies as may be necessary to facilitate clients’ needs.
- Working knowledge of earth pressures and their effect on design.
- Working knowledge of considerations of other trades as related to efficiently designed structural systems.
- Working knowledge of machining and fabrication practices and methods.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, various CAD software packages, various structural and civil software packages as well as AutoCAD.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card) required