Environmental Manager, Coastal GA, (Chemicals) – Salary to $110k
Our coastal GA chemicals client is seeking an Environmental Manager at their 24 hour/7 day a week 250 employee production facility. Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining plant environmental programs in the following areas: Air-Title V, Miscellaneous Organic NESHAPS (MON), Leak Detection & Repair (LDAR), NPDES Wastewater, and RCRA Waste Management. The position is responsible for assuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and company policies. As the Environmental Manager, you will drive effective programs to identify and control environmental compliance, and also to move the program towards Environmental excellence. One direct report and two contractors.
- Collaborate with local management team to ensure the complex meets all local, state, and federal regulations and is properly permitted in a timely manner.
- Oversees permitting, compliance, auditing, situational risk assessments, continuous improvement programs, employee engagement, training and education, and monitoring of new/emerging regulations that could affect the site on a local, State and Federal level.
- Plays a key role in regulatory interpretation and compliance functions at the site.
- Oversees the roles of 3rd party environmental professionals or consultants.
- Performs special assignments within the company to develop and implement solutions to specific needs.
- Represents the company in trade associations and in interactions with local, State and Federal Agencies.
- Serves as an expert resource for environmental regulations and cost-effective compliance.
- Establishes measurements, monitors performance and progress on Environmental matters.
- Acts on behalf of the Company in agency inspections.
- Manage active consent orders including active remediation programs.
- Manage and develop one direct report (Environmental Technician).
- Serve as company expert in regard to site Title V air permit and associated compliance plans, ensuring all reporting completed in accurate, timely fashion and complex operations personnel understand and maintain compliance to the permit.
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the company to create a culture that prioritizes compliance to all environmental regulations.
- Manages environmental compliance and performance functions in accordance with corporate compliance guidelines and applicable environmental requirements.
- Actively participant in staff meetings and stay heavily involved in the management of the plant.
- Identify potential non-compliant environmental conditions along with corresponding solution options to address the non-compliance.
- Records, analyzes, and reports key environmental metrics for the plant.
- Meet internal and external project and regulatory deadlines.
- Prepare and review technical documents.
- A BS or advanced degree in engineering, relevant sciences or specific environmental discipline.
- 5 or more years of relevant environmental experience in a chemical plant setting.
- Strong commitment to safety and environmental issues. Willingness to adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules, plant rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Computer skills, specifically the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook, SAP and ability to learn to use proprietary databases and other computer-based applications.
- Advanced organizational capabilities, detail orientated and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision to accomplish goals and meet schedules, and work as a team leader/facilitator to address specific issues.
- Proven solid work ethic and ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Possess strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to be a subject matter expert and has detailed process knowledge of operations.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with various departments. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others.
- Regional travel may be required.