In this ~120 man specialty chems plant in the Beaumont / Port Arthur Texas area you will primarily have instrumentation responsibilities and will report directly to the Reliability Engineering & Projects Manager. Some of your specific responsibilities include the following:
* Provide technical support as it pertains to DCS and PLC System Administration – Maintenance, Troubleshooting and Projects.
* Provide support for Instrument and Electrical Engineering Project Design and Construction.
* Capital project management for Instrument, Analyzer, Communication systems, Security systems, Local PLC systems, Utility Instrument systems (such as Firewater, Deluge, Product/Raw Material Storage etc.).
* Support day-to-day technical troubleshooting efforts to Production, Maintenance and Reliability.
* Ensure that the instrument scope is well defined and meets the business needs in a cost-effective manner.
* Apply knowledge of industry standards for instrumentation and applicable engineering codes.
* Mentor and train Operators on DCS supporting controls systems.
* Provide technical support to training, safety and day-to-day troubleshooting efforts.
* Participate in project commissioning and startup activities, including assisting in tuning of control loops.
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
* 3+ years current industrial experience in a process plant.
* Instrumentation project engineering design experience preferred.
* Familiarity with project management, electronics, logic design, computer programming, chemistry and fluid mechanic.
* Understanding of the function of many types of instruments/ sensors/ online analytic equipment in process plants.
* Understanding of third party devices and setup interfacing with DCS (PLC, microcomputers, etc.).
* High attention to detail and work ethic.
* Ability to deliver in multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrates initiative, personal drive and accountability.