The VP Engineering will be responsible for all process, project, and plant(s) engineering and maintenance for all locations in North America. In addition the VP Engineering will be responsible for polymer make-down equipment design and manufacture. Accountability also includes developing and delivering all capital engineering projects on time and within budget.
- Develop a close working relationship with peers and Sr. leadership globally.
- Evaluate and develop procedures and methods to ensure project standards are met, maintained and within budget.
- Direct all capital projects from design, budget development, execution and delivery.
- Provide engineering expertise in the areas of project management, work specification development, contractor management, procurement, and manufacturing process technology advancements.
- Direct maintenance, repair and overall processes and procedures for the maintenance of our manufacturing and manufacturing support facilities including reliability engineering and predictive and preventive maintenance.
- Ensures current and accurate costing by partnering closely with finance and accounting.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships with manufacturing, technical, finance and sales by providing needed guidance, assistance, and information when requested.
- Analyze world class manufacturing technologies to develop an innovation roadmap for the company.
- A leader in the development of new production processes to meet or exceed customer initiatives.
- Developing and maintaining a high level of general knowledge of the products and services offered by the company.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of the Company’s products, customers and proprietary information.
- Ensure that the Company adheres to the appropriate rules and regulations required by government entities and customers.
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A B.S. in Chemical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of fifteen years combined, successful and progressive process, project and plant engineering experience required in the chemical manufacturing industry.
- A minimum of ten years engineering supervisory experience is required.
- Project leadership experience in greenfield manufacturing plant start-ups.
- Strong orientation to team development with demonstrated experience in technical initiatives and problem solving.
- Ability to understand chemical manufacturing processes.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience in dealing with senior level management.
- Microsoft Office skills at the intermediate to advanced level
- ERP experience required and SAP experience preferred.
- The ability to participate effectively in business strategic planning, and arrive at sound decisions designed to produce effective results.
- Confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated and self-starter with a high energy level and a spirit of team effort and cooperation, and of the highest integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of time.