The Lead PI Engineer will support company by participating in the efforts of Process Improvement and providing leadership to the operations, safety, quality and environmental groups. This role will identify, execute, and track profits using lean manufacturing techniques (Kaizen events) and DMAIC principles. The Lead PI Engineer will collaborate frequently with all functions of the OBG manufacturing team, coupled with corporate R&D, Manufacturing Technology, Engineering and Capital Planning, EHS and Regulatory Affairs, and Supply Chain Excellence. The Lead PI Engineer is responsible for discharging the responsibilities listed below:
• Support the Company to achieve world-class EHS performance.
• To be responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others at all times.
• Complete all required safety training in a timely manner.
• Incorporate Human Organizational Performance (HOP) into all work activities where relevant.
Implement Process Improvements:
• Scope, Plan, Setup, Run and support training for process improvement events or projects within a cross-functional team.
• Proactively Co-lead or participate in Kaizen Events, process/business improvements efforts and strategic improvement events.
• Proactively assist project sponsors, process owners, NALT, and the VP of Business Excellence in developing a portfolio of continuous improvement projects for the OBG site that are aligned with business goals and objectives.
• Achieve hard dollar savings meeting the site savings goals, identify CAPEX needs for PI projects and update PI projects on a monthly basis.
• Identify new Process Improvement Concepts that generates savings/efficiencies, perform initial financial analysis for viability and develop project scope.
• Work independently or w/minimal supervision on process improvement opportunities to standardize or optimize workflow to drive efficiencies @ OBG
Provide Technical Support to the Plant:
• Develop and implement safety, quality and environmental projects to meet the needs for compliance, continuous improvement and remediation.
• Facilitate and participate in EHA’s, PHA’s, QHA’s and various other long-term safety/environmental initiatives
• Study processes with aid of PI Historian, CMMS, Delta V Report Hub, Aspen and other tools to identify potential issues/opportunities for process improvement.
• Initiate improvements with minimal supervision and/or assist operations with piloting or scaling up improvement projects at a plant level.
• Assist operations with technical support and major project start-ups
New Product development / Change synthesize to existing product:
• Investigate alternate synthetic routes to existing processes and perform lab trials for validation
• Participate as manufacturing liaison or start-up team member for new product installation
Education and Experience:
• Possess a Four Year College Degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited program minimum.
• Management degree not required but beneficial.
• 8-15 years of related experience or equivalent
• Must be willing to travel 5-10% of the time.
• Competent in basic PC skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Access.
• Experience with DeltaV or Wonderware not required but beneficial
• Occasionally work > 40 hrs/week or nights/weekends
Salary: $90,000.00 – $105,000.00Apply / Submit Resume