Excellent opportunity to participate on the global chemical plant leadership team. As the Plant Electrical Engineer, there is responsibility for the Power Distribution (high voltage) and Instrument Systems to upgrade, maintain and work/manage capital projects for the chemical plant site. Excellent career opportunity with great benefits, salary, and bonus potential.
- Lead and/or participate in developing recommendations for new electrical equipment as well as improving existing systems safety, maintainability, availability and reliability.
- Provide direction and support in maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing the site’s electrical assets.
- Review and input work scopes for preventative and predictive electrical maintenance programs
- Identify and implement predictive maintenance practices for electrical equipment including corrective repairs through coordination of outside vendors.
- Lead or participate in the incident investigations and root cause analysis process to develop action items to prevent re-occurrences.
- Project and functional engineering support (particularly I&E) for Capital Projects and Engineering Standards.
- Ensure plant electrical distribution equipment is installed and functioning to specifications.
- Establish and report reliability metrics for electrical systems.
- Provide on-going technical support for existing electrical issues, including troubleshooting assistance to engineers, supervision and operations, maintenance and project technicians.
- Recommend changes, additions and/or deletions of items within preventive/predictive maintenance program.
- Assist maintenance personnel with MOC processes and associated documentation. Updates could involve electrical specifications, one-lines, wiring diagrams, Mechanical Integrity (MI) folders, etc.
- Manage, develop, and train the I&E Technicians.
- BS Electrical or Chemical Engineering degree with 10+ years experience with Electrical Power Distribution maintenance and support in chemical, petrochemical, or related manufacturing sites.
- 10 years in engineering, design and maintenance of electrical systems including instrument and electrical drawings and specifications.
- Project Management experience preferred (2-6yrs).
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code/NFPA, intrinsically safe design principles and Process Safety Management (PSM) processes. Sound knowledge of electrical RAGAGEP standards.
- Thorough knowledge of instrument design, practices and procedures and strong knowledge of engineering codes and standards with hands on instrumentation experience.
- Must be experienced in working with multi-disciplined teams with minimum direction.
- Travel Requirements – 10 20%.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
Salary: $100,000.00 – $120,000.00Apply / Submit Resume