* Strong foundational knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
* Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree.
* 8+ years of experience in a Maintenance Manager or Reliability Manager role in a Chemical Plant environment required.
* In depth knowledge of accepted Maintenance best practices and a sound understanding of reliability practices. Certification as a Maintenance and Reliability Professional is desired but not required.
* Foundational understanding of Process Safety Management especially in areas pertaining to asset integrity.
* Strong leadership capabilities and communication skills (both verbal and written). Must be able to communicate at all levels in the organization.
* Experience in establishing performance metrics and utilizing visual systems to help drive improvement.
* Experience implementing and management of Computer Maintenance Management Systems preferred.
In this position with a large multinational chemical company you will lead and direct the activities of personnel responsible for implementing all applicable maintenance and reliability standards used for inspecting, maintaining, monitoring, and improving the integrity and reliability of plant equipment. You will manage and lead the Planning, Scheduling and Execution of maintenance activities and be responsible for ensuring quality maintenance work is executed according to site and industry best practices and standards.
Some specific responsibilities include the following:
* Manage the assets, teams and processes to deliver World Class SHE performance in line with the site strategy. Lead the organization to create and maintain a safe work environment / mindset for their employees, contractors, and visitors achieving the sites goal of zero safety and environmental incidents.
* Support site and department manager in establishing and managing the sites asset reliability program in an effort to achieve World Class reliability and maintenance effectiveness through the implementation of accepted industry best practices.
* Develop personnel capability at all levels in their organization with the right skill sets and competencies to become a high-performing team aligned to the departmental and site objectives.
* Proactively manage employee relations by promoting a positive work environment through open and regular communication. Thereby providing employees appropriate guidance, addressing concerns/issues and conveying adherence to and support of company policies and practices as described in the Employee Manual.
* Provide input to all proposed Management of Changes to ensure changes do not conflict with company and PSM requirements (as well as sites reliability objectives) while ensuring that both personnel and equipment risks in their areas have been assessed and addressed prior to implementing the changes.
* Monitor and manage area maintenance fixed costs to ensure budget limits are achieved.
* Identify and drive improvement opportunities in their respective areas while ensuring consistency is maintained across the department. Utilize tools such as 5S, Lean, Visual Management to drive improvements in their organizations.
* Provide input to department manager on capital needs related to infrastructure, asset lifecycle, and material deficiencies. Utilize the Pex process when appropriate to submit concept papers for items identified.
* Champion the creation, review and revision of Maintenance Procedures for critical activities. Create efficiency and consistency by continuously looking for opportunities to proceduralize repetitive activities.
Salary: $120,000.00 – $140,000.00Apply / Submit Resume